Terms and Conditions
This document explains the rules and regulations that the students agree to abide by when they register for services and courses provided by Wisdom Business Academy and Wisdom Institute for International Studies, collectively referred to as “Wisdom”. Please read these terms and conditions very carefully before registering with Wisdom. Registering with Wisdom indicates that you understand and accept these terms and conditions.
This document might be updated from time to time and the current version will be posted on the Wisdom website.About Us
Wisdom Business Academy (Pvt) Ltd was established in the year 2002 and trades under Wisdom Business Academy. Wisdom Institute of International Studies (Pvt) Ltd is a subsidiary of Wisdom Business Academy (Pvt) Ltd and trades under the brand name Wisdom Institute of International Studies. Both companies are incorporated under The Companies Act, No 7 of 2007. Our registered office is located at No 15B, Station Road, Colombo 3, Sri Lanka.
- Registration Fee and Course Fees paid, shall not be refunded under any circumstances
- Any session transfer requests shall be considered at the sole discretion of the management after a proper evaluation of the request submitted with proper evidence to substantiate the request
- CIMA CertBA Level (CBA) and Professional level (OTQ), and ACCA Knowledge Level and Skills Level – Session transfer requests shall be accepted only during the first month from the commencement of the course and no requests shall be accepted or considered thereafter
- Any such transfers shall be entertained only if the payment is done in full and shall not be entertained for part payments
- Transfers of fees is subject to a proportionate deduction from the full fee paid, considering the number of lessons conducted and material obtained
- CIMA Case Study course fees paid, shall not be refunded or transferred under any circumstance
- Part payments on Course Fees shall be granted purely on management discretion and the students are expected to make the payments on the due dates. Failing a penalty fee of 10% -15% shall be added to the due amount
- The institute expects at least 80% attendance from each student (On campus as well as online), and this will be strictly monitored
- Students will have to produce the Wisdom Student Card for purpose of identification, whenever called upon, and required to login with the credentials shared for online courses with your personal identification details.
- Students who do not possess a valid student identification shall not be permitted to attend lectures, unless special permission is obtained from the Assistant Manager – Student Services.
- Whilst within the Wisdom premises, students are expected to produce identification documents where required.
- Students are expected to provide their full name and correct contact details when registering and are expected to promptly inform Assistant Manager – Student Services of any changes.
- On campus students are required to be in the lecture session on time.
- For online students, it is required to login with suitable advance timing for any live lecture sessions. Recorded lectures can be accessed at your own pace; however, students are advised to access the lectures within the given schedule for better academic performance
- Students are required to keep their mobile phones either switched off or in silence mode during lectures
Timetables and Session Plans
- Wisdom office publishes the timetable on the website www.wisdombuisness.com/timetable on a weekly basis. Any amendments to the standard timetable can be viewed on the website. The students are expected to check on a weekly basis.
- Management reserves the right to change the time-table time to time on exceptional circumstances which shall be notified to students in advance.
- For any clarifications with regards to the timetable, on campus students may contact the Course Coordinator between 9.30 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. through; Telephone: +94 11 739 5000 / +94 11237 0995 (Ext:5)
- For online session plan clarifications, students could send an email to [email protected] or [email protected]
- Students are not allowed to share their LMS login credentials with anyone else
- In the case of any issues related to login to online platform, an immediate notification should be sent to LMS team for restoration of access and login credentials. Email: [email protected]; [email protected]
- For both on-campus students and blended learning / online students, study material shall be made available only through the WisdomLMS. If required, on campus students are encouraged to print and keep a hard copy at the lecture
- Video recordings in the LMS are not downloadable. Students should not violate the intellectual property rights of Wisdom by illegally downloading these recordings.
- All Students are required to maintain high standards of discipline and should not engage in loud disruptive conversations or any act of misbehavior/ misconduct while at Wisdom premises, or during online live sessions.
- All on campus students are required to come in decent attire which is fit and proper for a professional student. No student will be permitted inside the campus premises with inappropriate attire.
- Students must ensure that their behaviour within Wisdom premises does not cause any property damage or vandalism.
- Discipline should be maintained in all official Wisdom social media and chat groups.
- Strict action shall be taken if any student is found guilty of any unacceptable behaviour, any act of misconduct or misbehaviour, and / or property damage or defacement, and the management reserves the right to discontinue / expel such students from the course with or without a refund of the fees paid, upon carrying out an inquiry.
Any internationally students planning to arrive in Sri Lanka for studies at Wisdom will have to take full responsibility to comply with any visa requirement applicable to them. Wisdom under any circumstances will not be responsible for the visa process nor will be liable for any visa refusals. However, any international student wishing to commence full time studies in Sri Lanka for a programme at Wisdom, upon completion of registration and full course payment for the first stage or first semester of the programme, can request a letter of confirmation of studentship addressed to the Department of Immigration and Emigration.
- Opening hours : Monday – Sunday: 8.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Closed on Mercantile and Poya (full moon) holidays
- Address : 15B, Station Road, Colombo 3, Sri Lanka
- Telephone : +94 11 739 5000
- Email : [email protected]
- Web : www.wisdombusiness.com/contact-us/
All students shall directly contact the following officials for any complaints or suggestions regarding the course, its delivery, examinations or any other issue or concerns.
Students have several ways of making a complaint.
- Feedback box : Located at the Wisdom reception
- Face-to-face : At the Wisdom premises
- Email : [email protected]
- Telephone : +94 11 739 5000 between 9.30 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. Sri Lanka time
- Manager Student Services (Ext: 1)
- Manager Academic Programmes (Ext:2)
- Manager Learning Support (Ext:4)
- Web contact page : www.wisdombusiness.com/contact-us/
- Social media pages : Facebook and Instagram
All complaints will be recorded and dealt with according to the ISO 9001: 2015 quality standards.
All informal complaints will be responded within 3 business days or immediately depending on the time required to deal with each complaint.
If any student is not satisfied with the outcome, they can request for a Formal Complaints Form and elevate the complaint to the Quality Assurance Manager or Group General Manager. All Formal Complaints will be processed within 4 business days and result communicated via email.
The complete Complaints Policy document can be accessed through the Wisdom website at www.wisdombusiness.com/complaints-policy
In case of a fire, evacuate the building immediately and steadily. Report any information about fire to the Wisdom Management immediately. In evacuating the building, use the emergency exit doors which lead to the stairway and fire-exit plans are displayed in each floor. Move away from the building and proceed to the evacuation area that is outside the gate while leaving clear access for emergency services. Do not re-enter the building without permission from the management.
Fire Extinguishers and emergency fire protection systems are installed in the building and Emergency Fire Extinguishers are placed inside and outside the classrooms and in the main corridor. Students are strictly advised not to tamper with the fire safety equipment unnecessarily unless in case of a fire-situation, as this may cause heavy damages to the systems.
Data Protection & Confidentiality Policy Of Wisdom Business Academy
This policy sets out how Wisdom Business Academy collects, uses and stores the personal data and information of current, former and potential students and staff, provided directly or through use of Wisdom’s website or learning platform. The policy aims to protect individuals against possible misuse of information about them held by others. Wisdom will only process personal data as set out in this policy or otherwise notified to or agreed by the student or staff member and will be obliged to fulfil individuals’ reasonable expectations of privacy. Wisdom Business Academy believes that all students have the right to confidentiality to protect their interests and to ensure that relationships based on trust can be developed and maintained. It is important that every individual within Wisdom who handles student information takes all reasonable steps to make sure it is treated carefully and only shared on a need to know basis. All staff and others processing personal data/information on Wisdom’s behalf must read this policy. A failure to comply with this policy may result in disciplinary action. This policy covers personal data, whether held on computer or in manual files. This data protection and confidentiality policy specifically covers the student services listed below:
- Application and registration
- Advice and information
- Student wellbeing
- Financial Support
- Disabled/disadvantaged student support
- Age/date of birth
- Contact details
- Course and stage details
- Information relevant to customer surveys
- Appointment data and meeting notes
- Educational history including highest qualification
- Funding authority
- Student ID number
- Exam results and feedback
- Other exam related data
- Referrals, deferrals, appeals and outcomes
- Ensure individuals have given their consent to the processing
- Process personal data fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner
- Only adequate, relevant and limited data for the specified purposes will be collected
- Data will be accurate and kept up-to-date where possible and necessary
- Data shall be only processed in a manner where the security and confidentiality of the data can be safeguarded.
- Data shall not be shared with any third party unless mentioned in the policy
- Communication of products, services, and offers of Wisdom Business Academy and its group institutions
- Improving products and services
- Internal record keeping
- Communication of exam advice and useful information
- Market research
- Targeted social media campaigns
- CIMA for exam and marketing related purposes
- External tutors and mock exam markers for marking and feedback
- The purposes the data collected will be used for
- The sources their personal data was obtained from, in cases where data was collected via third parties
- Wisdom’s obligations to protect personal data
- With whom data is shared with and in what manner
- How long their data will be retained
- Whether any data will be published and why
- Request inaccurate data to be rectified
- Update any data if and when required
- Object to processing of data in limited circumstances
- Prevent their personal data be used for direct marketing purposes
- Request personal data to be removed
- Permission shall always be requested by the site to place cookies in the user’s hard drive upon a user landing on the website or learning platform.
- Once placed, the cookies shall help Wisdom identify which pages are being visited by the user and gather and store information on user’s preferences
- Wisdom shall analyse this data to improve and customize the user’s experience in the websites
- Users may accept or decline cookies and modify their browser setting to decline cookies if it is set to automatically accept cookies
- Cookies will not grant any other information about the user than what is granted or access to the user’s computer